Seth Rich was murdered
Seth Rich was murdered
The alleged attempt came by way of a request sent to Rich’s gmail account from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Mega is the New Zealand-based cloud storage company that Dotcom used to work for and resigned from in 2013.
Rich’s father, who has been monitoring his email account since his death, believes the invitation was an attempt to hack into the account and the family has consulted specialists.
In a statement, they said; ‘We are outraged that certain individuals continue to try to use Seth’s name and memory to advance their political and ideological agendas.
‘We hope people will think twice the next time someone makes an outlandish claim to have discovered new evidence in this case.’
Kim Dotcom wasted no time in issuing a refutation and threatening to sue them for defamation:
5. I remain prepared to assist in the investigation, as I have said. While I want to show understanding to the family in this difficult time, I also maintain that what I have said is true and will be substantiated upon investigation. While that may be difficult for the family to accept, in time I expect it to play a valuable part in revealing the truth. However, that is a matter for the current investigation. I simply wish to make sure that the investigators have the benefit of my evidence.
6. I have said that I will share what I know, and why, with the relevant authorities if the appropriate arrangements can be made. That is what I understand from our communications the family also want. The family, once fully informed, can then make up their own mind, as will the investigation. However, that will not happen by ignoring the evidence of witnesses like me who are prepared to speak up, or by seeking to discredit such witnesses by pre-emptively attacking their credibility. I simply ask that the family listen, before attacking.
13. The suggestion that I am attempting to plant evidence into Mr Rich’s email account would appear to be an attempt to discredit any evidence I may give before I have a chance to give it. That those who seek to speak the truth are, as I have been, subjected to a smear campaign to try to discredit them indicates to me that the truth is known and not welcome.
21. I therefore request that, in the meantime, the family refrain from repeating the false statements described in this letter. I have not taken the step of commencing defamation proceedings in relation to the above statements although I would be entitled to do so in New Zealand. I reserve all of my rights and remedies in this regard. My preference is that the family and I move forward together. If, after learning what I have to say through the appropriate channels (as requested by the family), the family choose not to accept it, that is a matter for the family. I seek only to pass on what I know so that the truth can be fully and openly investigated and then reported on. Why that should cause me to be unduly attacked raises more questions than it answers. My view is that the truth is not something to be feared.
22. If, however, the statements are repeated, I will have no choice but to consider the formal legal options available to me. I hope this will not be necessary, hence this correspondence.
Making things a little more complicated, one has to wonder if it’s actually the family saying this stuff or their “spokesman.” WND published claims by another third party who says that that family had been saying things to him contrary to what the spokesman is.
It sure looks like it’s done Hannity a lot of good to cave on the Seth Rich case:
Companies including Cars.com, Peloton, and Leesa Sleep have all given in to pressure to cease advertising on the show over Hannity’s pursuit of now retracted claims made by Fox News that murdered DNC employee Seth Rich had contact with Wikileaks before his death.
On Tuesday evening, Hannity invited internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom onto his show to discuss his claim that Seth Rich had provided Wikileaks with internal Democratic party emails.
However, after Rich’s family sent a letter to Fox demanding that Hannity not host KimDotcom, the appearance was cancelled, with Hannity saying he made the decision “out of respect for the family’s wishes.”
“I totally and completely understand how upset and how hard this is on this family, especially over the recent coverage of Seth’s death,” he said. “I’ve been communicating with them. I got a very heartfelt note. I also sent them a heartfelt note back.”
“However, out of respect for the family’s wishes, for now, I am not discussing this matter at this time,” Hannity continued, although he later contended that he had “retracted nothing” and would continue to “try to get to the truth.”
In a series of tweets on Wednesday, Hannity accused figures including George Soros, David Brock of Media Matters, and failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton of “liberal fascism,” after his advertisers were reportedly “inundated with emails” from left-wing groups asking them to stop advertising on the show.
He shouldn’t have gone along with the family’s wishes. Since when have families’ wishes been even slightly considered by the media? But this looks like it was a good opportunity for another stab at Hannity. Their sexual misconduct trick fell through. He’ll be let go soon enough. I wonder if Razorfist is right about why Fox is purging conservatives.
Dotcom claims in the statement that his conversations with Seth Rich are what led to his comment in 2015 that Julian Assange would be “Hillary’s worst nightmare in 2016.” He added in the same interview, “I’m aware of some of the things that are going to be roadblocks for her.”
As part of the statement, Dotcom explains that he believes he should make a complete statement to U.S. authorities on his connections with Rich. He said his lawyers will work with the American government on creating a plan to do so, specifically naming former FBI director Robert Mueller, who has been named special counsel by the Justice Department to head the investigation into supposed connections between Russia and Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. Dotcom is currently targeted for extradition to the United States to face criminal charges related to his file-sharing website Megaupload, which authorities shut down in 2012.
I wonder how long it’ll take to find out if Dotcom is full of it or not. He’s been full of it before. I ain’t holding my breath, but on the other hand, Dotcom did predict in May of 2015 that Julian Assange will be Hilary Clinton’s worst nightmare in 2016. Maybe he already knew about the leaks to come.
Meanwhile, Fox News removed their Seth Rich story.
The trolls are out like mad. Hannity is claiming that Mediamatters is trying to silence him and from the number of comments on his twitter demanding he be fire, I’m inclined to believe him. We’ll see if he actually has anything to say on the matter like he’s claiming.
Oh! The Daily Mail says it was nothing! We should just go back to claiming Trump’s DC is a “scandal fest” and not worry about any unsolved murders which are totally NOT tied to Wikileaks.
According to the Daily Mail:
However GOP lobbyist and DC lawyer Jack Burkman formally appealed to Congress to investigate the death after claiming he had evidence that Russia may be behind Rich’s murder.
‘Nothing was taken from Seth – not his wallet, gold chain, credit cards or a sizeable amount of cash,’ He told DailyMail.com in February. ‘So you know there’s no robbery gone awry.’
He said he was contacted by a man in his 60s, claiming to be a former US intelligence officer, who claimed ‘it [the murder] was arranged by the Russian government at a very high level’.
Burkman went on to say: ‘He just said he had knowledge it was arranged by the Russian government and stressed that it was at a high level.
‘I’ve met this person and he seems very credible. We’re now investigating the allegations he has made.’
You have got to be f’ing kidding me. Why would high level Russian government officials want to kill a nobody staffer for the DNC? As for the other points:
Now, let’s say that PI was wrong, let’s say that Assange did come out and say “it’s not Seth Rich.” Why is it that when ever his name gets brought up, the paid trolls and shills come out of the woodwork and start spewing everywhere? Any pro-Rich conspiracy posts instantly get brigaded. What is about Seth Rich that makes someone out there want no one to talk about him?
His name was Seth Rich and there will be justice.
Answer: We’ll just do it ourselves.
The internet, even with all its downsides, has certainly done some interesting things for the way “normal” folks can do awesome things. Are the authorities not doing their duty in investigating a (potential) murder case? Covering things up are they? Media not doing their jobs to honestly report facts and relevant current events? No worries. The centipedes and /pol/ are on top of things.
Just a couple examples from today.
On the Donald this morning, they were talking about Wikileaks’ twitter announcement: BREAKING: Sweden has dropped its case against Julian Assange and will revoke its arrest warrant
So now does Mr. Assange just need a pardon from Trump and he’ll actually get to leave the Embassy? Some pedes seem to think leaving may be too dangerous for Assange even if that were possible, and that maybe it’s just a trap. I almost wouldn’t put it past the pedes and/or /pol/ to somehow break Assange out of the Embassy and have him whisked away to some safe and undisclosed location.
Google, of course, failed me for any further information. If you want truly breaking news, skip the news outlets, just go to the citizen investigators of the internet.
In other news, the centipedes and /pol/ are busy working to collect, archive and sift through every trace of Seth Rich on the internet (just one of many threads with them hard at work). They’re analyzing his entire life and personality and picking out anything that would lead to confirmation that he was the source of the DNC leaks and was murdered for it. As the circumstantial evidence amasses, it becomes increasingly easy to believe this “internet conspiracy theory.”
If it’s the so-called “unbiased media” and government officials — who we should supposedly be trusting over “weirdos” on the internet — who keep dishing out falsehoods and fake news, what are we supposed to think when the so-called “internet conspiracy theories” keep turning out to be true these days. I’m not sure there is anything too weird and convoluted to believe, especially when it comes to politics.
And he wasn’t a Russian hacker.
Rich was shot and killed last July in Northwest D.C and police have suggested the killing in the District’s Bloomingdale neighborhood was a botched robbery. However, online conspiracy theories have tied the murder to Rich’s work at the DNC.
Just two months shy of the one-year anniversary of Rich’s death, FOX 5 has learned there is new information that could prove these theorists right.
Rod Wheeler, a private investigator hired by the Rich family, suggests there is tangible evidence on Rich’s laptop that confirms he was communicating with WikiLeaks prior to his death.
Now, questions have been raised on why D.C. police, the lead agency on this murder investigation for the past ten months, have insisted this was a robbery gone bad when there appears to be no evidence to suggest that.
Wheeler, a former D.C. police homicide detective, is running a parallel investigation into Rich’s murder. He said he believes there is a cover-up and the police department has been told to back down from the investigation.
Wheeler also told us, “I have a source inside the police department that has looked at me straight in the eye and said, ‘Rod, we were told to stand down on this case and I can’t share any information with you.’ Now, that is highly unusual for a murder investigation, especially from a police department. Again, I don’t think it comes from the chief’s office, but I do believe there is a correlation between the mayor’s office and the DNC and that is the information that will come out [Tuesday].
Of course there was nothing prior to this suggesting that Rich had anything to do with Wikileaks, ‘cept for last August Julian Assange just randomly out of the goodness of his heart offering a $20,000 reward for information about the murder:
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange implied in an interview that a murdered Democratic National Committee staffer was the source of a trove of damaging emails the rogue website posted just days before the party’s convention.
Speaking to Dutch television program Nieuswsuur Tuesday after earlier announcing a $20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of Seth Rich’s killer, Assange said the July 10 murder of Rich in Northwest Washington was an example of the risk leakers undertake.
“Whistle-blowers go to significant efforts to get us material and often very significant risks,” Assange said. “As a 27-year-old, works for the DNC, was shot in the back, murdered just a few weeks ago for unknown reasons as he was walking down the street in Washington.”
The only way the media will take this seriously is if it turns out Rich’s real name was Dimitri.